Welcome to FES
Welcome to the Fayston School,
We are located in the town of Fayston in the beautiful Mad River Valley. Our school sits in the shadow of 2 major Vermont Ski Resorts, Mad River Glen and Sugarbush.
Fayston Elementary School is a small high performing school with approximately 100 students in grades pre-k to 6th. Our Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) scores keep us among the top schools in the state again this year. We have a dedicated, professional staff that is committed to the academic, social and emotional success of all our students. Our school is nestled in a supportive, energized community that deeply values education and connection. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve this community, students and staff as Principal.
If you have not been to Fayston School I encourage you to visit. I would be happy to take you on a tour and answer any questions you may have about our learning community.
Our Vision for Learning
Fayston Elementary School, in partnership with the community, will prepare our students, academically and socially to succeed in meeting the challenges and opportunities of tomorrow and beyond, in a diverse, rapidly changing world.
Students at Fayston...
• Are self reliant individuals
• Are creative
• Are effective communicators
• Are flexible and adaptable
• Are respectful, responsible, and accountable to themselves and to others
• Possess the academic foundation needed for the challenges of the 21st century
• Are reflective
• Are strategic thinkers and risk takers
• Value diverse ideas
• Know how they learn and actively engage in their learning
• Demonstrate a desire/passion for their learning
• Pursue excellence
• Look beyond themselves to connect with others and with a community
This film captures the essence of what it is that makes Vermont's Mad River Valley so special. We like to say that people 'come for the mountains' but end up 'staying for the valley.' This film, aptly titled Almost There, shows you why.